UHY Advisors's Transaction Advisory Team assists clients by maximizing value and minimizing risk during an acquisition or sale process. We offer a unique blend of tax, valuation and financial/strategic advisory services on both buy-side and sell-side transactions. We emphasize a collaborative approach with other advisors, creating a team that is essential to a successful transaction. Working with your accountant, attorney or other advisors, our simple and overriding objective is to provide the discipline, leadership and knowledge to close the "deal."
Financial & Tax Due Diligence
- Review & assessment of earnings and cash flow ("Quality of Earnings Assessment")
- Search for unrecorded liabilities
- Identification of target and industry risk issues
- Strategic assessment and "fit" analysis
- Review of contracts and agreements (from a financial and strategic perspective)
- Review and analysis of projections and assumptions
- Review and analysis of tax issues
- Transaction modeling and assumption testing
- Optimizing tax and accounting structure
- Earn-out structure and modeling
- Income tax planning
- Net operating loss analysis
- Working capital analysis
- Identification and analysis of value drivers
Merger & Acquisition Services
- Assistance in the determination of acquisition criteria
- Targeted searches for candidates
- Financial modeling
- Negotiating and structuring transaction
- Preparation of selling memorandum and introductory documents
- Purchase price allocation ASC 805 (formerly SFAS 141R)
- Goodwill impairment ASC 350 (formerly SFAS 142)
- Fairness opinion
- Stock-based compensation ASC 718 (formerly SFAS 123R) & IRC 409A
- Long-lived asset impairment ASC 360 (formerly SFAS 144)
- Fair value accounting ASC 820 (formerly SFAS 157)
- Assisted in the tax and financial structuring for the sale of an internet based clothing retailer to a publicly traded company resulting in a tax savings of over $1M on a sales price of over $11M.
- Representation in the sale of a specialized greeting card company – sale price over $9M.
- Strategic site location services for electrical products manufacturer in PA.
- Special purpose financing for an architectural products manufacturer in OH.
- Site location study for Swedish steel manufacturer.
- Assisted in structuring of management buy-out for a RI based electrical manufacturer.
- Site location study and relocation of an electrical products manufacturer to TX.
UHY Advisors welcomes inquiries about our services. Contact UHY Advisors online, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 860.519.5648.